Friday, April 24, 2009

First Blog Day Ever

Today is the first day I have ever blogged. Not quite sure what I'm doing at this point. I have always written little blurbs for work as a month end recap. Now, like so many others, I am recently unemployed. My company closed after 56 years of lending to "credit challenged" individuals. I observe so many things on a daily basis and always tell myself " I have got to write this down." Now I finally am.

For a very long time I have thought about possibly submitting a few pieces of humorous writing to a local paper but I could never find the time. Then I was listening to a psychic on the radio a few years back and she was talking about listening to your angels. She said everybody has angels that talk to them in the form of thoughts going through your head. I know this sounds STUPID, but this is, after all, "When Stupid happens!" My angels have always told me to put pen to paper. Until my recent unemployment there has always been something to do other than sitting down to write about stupid things but mostly stupid people including myself.

My angels were talking to me one day while watching Oprah. ( I can do that now that I don't have a job) She had a few guests that were talking about blogging. I have barely signed up for Face Book last month because, once again, I now have the time to learn how it works. So to think about blogging, hmmm, that was just blowing my mind. After my angels put this idea in my head I mulled it around for a few days and thought I should have a clever name for the blog. Think, think, think. Then it came to me over cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream ( I swam that morning so no guilt about the cream). "WHEN STUPID HAPPENS!" I must say that I always encounter stupid things daily. Now maybe most people have the same encounters but I tend to focus on the STUPID as it is happening. It is like watching a car accident. I am a looky-lu when it comes to the STUPID factor. I can't tear my eyes away. Sometimes I can't contain my giggles and sometimes I just have to put on my angry eyes because to be that clueless should be a sign that you are wasting valuable air and space.

I should first tell you that I am a proud mother of a 16 year old son. I had him when I was 19. His father was suppose to JUST be a prom date. Then he was suppose to be JUST someone to pal around with over the summer until I could meet a smart college guy with a future. One thing lead to another and STUPID knocked on my door. Yup, it has even happened to me. Now, I'm not saying that my son was a mistake. I love him dearly. What I am saying is... no one should have a baby at 19 with a boy that was Just a prom date and a pal.

Due to my little life side trip (teen mother) I had to drop out of college and get a job. Once the initial shock of my son wore off I rejoined the college world at the local city college. I got to school at 6 a.m. attended class, went to work at 8 a.m. till 5 p.m. then back to school till 9 p.m. I would see my son in the morning before I left then I would get to see him after he was already in bed. This went on for 3 semesters until I landed a job at a finance office. So, once again, STUPID happened because I didn't finish college again. I worked happily at this office until a larger bank bought us out and started changing everything. I knew I should try to find another job but one just happened to land in my lap.

I was buying a car and the manager asked me if I would like to work in the car business. I promptly told him no but somehow I was starting the next week. This is another moment of STUPID!! As I have come to find out... once you jump into the car business you can never climb out of the rat hole. It's like the mafia. They just suck you in and never let you go. I worked in the car business for 9 years. The first 4 years where at dealerships in the finance department and the last 5 were for a bank that loaned money to the dealership customers. I was a marketing rep traveling daily from one dealership to the next trying to get these guys to use my program. It was utterly exhausting. Many of my adventures on in the car business will show up from time to time on this blog because car guys are like the STUPID fountain that keeps on giving. I will have material from them till I'm dead.

Along the way I got married to my husband of 7 years who happens to be 20 years older. Now you may be thinking to your self "uh-oh another STUPID moment for this gal," but this is not the case (so far). Let's just leave it at that because there is a lot of material provided for this blog by my husband's antics. He has done things that I never thought a relatively intelligent man would do. Fortunately for me, these things he does provide me and my friends with hours of entertaining stories and will give me lots of blog material.

I also have a "Girlfriend" who happens to be a guy. Now you may have your suspicions that he is gay but he is strait, as far as I can tell. He has been married for 13 years and has 2 grown children and a 12 year old. I met him about the same time I started in the car business. He as a marketing rep for a bank and would call on me once in a while. It wasn't until 5 years ago when I, myself, started as a marketing rep that we became close friends. He was/is my foxhole buddy. Everyone should have a foxhole buddy that knows the good, the bad and the ugly. The only problem is... he is always just a little too willing to point out the ugly parts. He will also be a huge part of this blog. When I think about he and I... I always picture one of those old motorcycles with me driving (of course) and him in the side car.

I'm currently gathering my material and hope to mildly entertain whoever may come across this blog.
MXO

2 comments:

  1. I'm a dear old friend that had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun with you! We certainly did a lot of STUPID things together and I'd like to say I've grown smarter, but here I am writing on your blog when I'm supposed to be meeting the owner of the company where I'm applying for work for coffee. So before I get to STUPIDLY carried away here. Let me just say, if you decide to discuss our old STUPID stories, don't use my real name! LOL
    RCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Stupid" it is the wonder of hindsight. The blur of the stupid is the 20/20 of hindsight. And let's be honest, we all (anyone who has ever worked in the auto industry that didn't really belong there) know that Stupid is a daily event so be sure to spill those stories!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete